Volvospeed Forums

Cd Pinout

maiku

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he means the Changer DIN plug on the back of the radio, and good luck in finding it. I do remember one person here finding it a while back, but that post has long since dissappeared. It's not an easy diagram to come by. If you do find it please post it here and I will put it on project 850 for people looking for it in the future.

I think he means the Changer DIN plug on the back of the radio, and good luck in finding it. I do remember one person here finding it a while back, but that post has long since dissappeared. It's not an easy diagram to come by. If you do find it please post it here and I will put it on project 850 for people looking for it in the future.

http://hacylon.cwru.edu/volvo_aux/plug.jpg

I was just doing some looking, does anyone have this? Blitzsafe's VOL/AUX DMX V.1

The website says

allows you to easily add one auxiliary source to the factory radio in most models of 1996 - 2000 Volvo. Virtually a plug-n-play installation, you can quickly add a portable MP3, iPod or DVD player, satellite radio or any auxiliary sound source to your Volvo factory radio

okay

i've hooked up the important items, but i am not getting any signal from the radio that i'm using. it doesn't detect the inputs...

does any one know how to bypass the Data Bus so that it would allow speaker input?

Just a thought, but try jumpering the data bus to the data ground. If that doesn't work, try jumpering it with a resister (like a 100 ohm one) just thinking back to another project, and that was a way to do it.

You could also put a +12 into it, but then you risk breaking your stereo, so I would want to be sure before i tried that

The best way to know exactly what to do would be to have someone with a CD changer take signal readings from the cord for the databus when the cd changer is on

Archived